Monday, February 20, 2017

California County Marriages at Family Search

 It's been awhile since I've worked on my WEISS line, but that changed this weekend. I've been pretty focused on my Italian ancestors for the past year or two, but thanks to a hint found on Michael John Neill's Genealogy Search Tips blog, I took a small detour this weekend. Michael reported that the California County Marriages, 1850-1952 database on Family Search has been updated.

A very quick search turned up five marriage records for my Weiss family that I did not previously have! ​Now I am taking a short break from my Italian research to process the new information I have. I plan to do a more thorough search to see what other records will show up in the database when I need another quick break. It was a very productive weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to My Family Trees and Branches Blog

 I decided it was time to add a blog to this page, to provide general updates to what I've been doing with my family history research. I...